Top 4 Solar Dusk to Dawn Floodlights – Modern Lighting Solutions for your Outdoor in 2020
Solar dusk to dawn floodlights are all the rage these days, and with good reason. With the solar technology available today, you can get high-powered beams from floodlights that are solely powered by the sun. You can leave them on the whole night at the highest setting and you won’t have to worry about an expensive electricity bill. But are all solar powered security lights or floodlights built the same? Will you be getting your money’s worth for any build or brand that you buy?
The simple answer is no, not all solar dust to dawn security lights can deliver the same quality, durability, and high powered beams. Some of them may not be as good as others, and you might not get your money’s worth. I have mentioned the best solar dusk to dawn floodlights on this page that pass a certain criteria (mentioned in the buyer’s guide below) which can help you choose the right light.
- 1) Engrepo Solar Dusk to Dawn Floodlight for Outdoors- Wireless Dusk to Dawn Light
- 2) Gebosun Multipurpose Floodlight- Solar Dusk to Dawn Outside Light
- 3) Lineway Dusk to Dawn Remote Control Solar Floodlights LED Security Lights
- 4) LEDMO Remote Control Solar Powered Floodlight
- Factors to Consider Before Buying the Solar Dusk to Dawn Floodlights:
- 1) Light Intensity:
- 2) Coverage Distance:
- 3) IP Rating:
|Name of |
|Engrepo Solar Dusk to Dawn Floodlight||Yes||Yes||Click Here for Price|
|Gebosun Multipurpose Floodlight||Yes||Yes||Click Here for Price|
|Lineway Dusk to Dawn Remote Control Solar Floodlights||Yes||Yes||Click Here for Price|
|LEDMO Remote Control Solar Powered Floodlight||Yes||Yes||Click Here for Price|
1) Engrepo Solar Dusk to Dawn Floodlight for Outdoors- Wireless Dusk to Dawn Light
ENGREPO flood is one of the finest floodlights on our list. This floodlight comes with a build-in photoelectric sensor to turn on-off the light at a specific time. The optical convex lens lampshades help to diffuse the light better.
Each solar light has 80 LEDs. The maximum lumen can reach 1500LM. Two solar lights can cover up 2154 sq.ft area. You get an evident and sharp viewing experience at night. The battery capacity of the floodlight is 12000 mAh. For its compact size, it is the best portable solar dusk to dawn flood light from our list.
The brightness that these 100 W individual lights provide is actually of almost the same level as the brightness provided by a 150 W floodlight. This saves you a lot of electricity and reduces your bills.
There are 2 additional features apart from the features mentioned below that we personally felt are worth mentioning. First, you can turn off the automatic switching on/off of this light using the remote control.
Secondly, the cable that connects the solar panel with the floodlights is not that long. This helps in minimizing the wire degradation especially if the floodlight’s wires run through the ground. This means that less maintenance is going to be needed over time.
1) The 6V/25W polysilicon solar panel can convert up to 20% of the sunlight into electricity. It takes about 6 hours to charge the 12000mAh battery fully.
2) You can adjust the working hours as your demand by remote control. Brightness regulating features gives you an extra choice to save energy.
3) Intelligent control chips help to adjust the output power when the battery capacity decreases. It helps to prolong the lighting time.
4) High-quality die-cast aluminum and PVC resin made solar lights, aluminum alloy frames, tempered glass solar panels tolerate any rough weather.
5) The maximum lumen count is around 1500LM.
6) It covers a 2154 sq.ft area at once
2) Gebosun Multipurpose Floodlight- Solar Dusk to Dawn Outside Light
GEBOSUN Solar Dusk to Dawn floodlight is famous for its power efficiency. This 60W LED is integrated with a solar panel. It produces 6000 lumens that are sufficient to light a variety of places like gardens, garages, warehouses, and swimming pools. The color temperature of the emitted light is 6000k.
Large battery capacity gives 10 to 12 hours back up. Strong optical convex lens lampshades help to diffuse the light better. The Gebosun dusk to dawn floodlight covers an extensive area of its surroundings. This not only improves your overall security system, but light for general purposes like get-togethers and driveway lighting can also be achieved easily.
For its all-round performance, the Gebosun is one of the best dusk to dawn floodlights on our list. The 6000K corresponds closely with the visual properties of the natural daylight. This type of natural light can not be found at night. This is the reason why the 6,000K is so valuable. It has an overall pleasant effect on the places it falls on and the whole ambience in which the floodlight is placed looks changed.
1) A considerable 12000mAh battery gives you ultimate satisfaction for security. The high range light beam covers a wide area.
2) 60W solar security floodlights need 8 hours to charge under the bright sunlight fully. Lithium-ion batteries last very long.
3) 100% of solar power gives you the best power efficiency to use this floodlight. You can change the intensity of the light according to the area’s demand.
4) Pole mounted, and all accessories are included with the package. It can light up 19*32 feet of space from 16 feet of height.
5) Durable light that requires very little maintenance throughout its lifetime.
3) Lineway Dusk to Dawn Remote Control Solar Floodlights LED Security Lights
LINEWAY Dusk to Dawn Flood Light is one of the best innovations of modern technology. This light comes with different features that are all helpful in regards to the security of the place for which you are buying the floodlight. All kinds of properties like homes, industrial sites, and playgrounds can be illuminated with the large quantity of lumens (1100) that this light provides and trespassers won’t feel easy once you activate one of the three motion sensor modes of this floodlight.
LINEWAY Dusk to Dawn Flood Light is a durable dusk to dawn floodlight which can be installed easily, saving a lot of time and effort of the users. The body of the solar panel is made with metal & glass material. When it comes to solar dusk to dawn floodlights, solar panel is an important component that plays a significant role in powering these lights.
The high capacity lithium battery that the solar panel comes with does the main charging of this light and can store a lot of charge in order to ensure that the floodlight remains functional even during those days in which cloudy weather or rain seems to dominate.
For its low price, we choose it the best budget dusk to dawn flood light from our list.
1) 6000mAh battery capacity gives you a long time serving. 6V/12W solar panel produces enough electricity to charge the battery.
2) 10W solar flood light, 3/6 hours timer, 88 LEDs dual-head lights, 1100 lumens solar-powered LEDs light up your yard, pool, fence, etc.
3) Three stages of motion sensor enhance the brightness when motion is detected. This is a feature that comes in handy because of the rising demand of security.
4) The lights come with all accessories like mount screws, connecting cable, mounting stand, mounting bracket, etc.
4) LEDMO Remote Control Solar Powered Floodlight
LEDMO is a renowned brand especially when it comes to manufacturing high-quality floodlights. Generally users face issues after they have installed floodlights in the form of flickering, flood lights’ motion sensors giving up and several others that force us to question the promising nature of these floodlights as shown in the pictures. However, the LEDMO remote control solar powered floodlight is actually a brilliant floodlight that satisfies its users by providing a good amount of light and also a good quantity of it.
This high-performance light illuminates an area of more than 3150 sq.ft, which is more than enough for general lighting purposes. Anyone can control this light from a 49 ft distance.
There are three modes to regulate the light. The lights contain 400 pcs LEDs with max 10000 lumens. The photoelectric sensor automatically turns the light on/off at dawn or dusk.
1) It takes only 4-6 hours of charging time required on sunny days—a grade polycrystalline solar panel transfers 18% sunlight into electricity.
2) 39000mAh Lithium Iron Phosphate battery gives longtime backup. Battery performs at optimum temperature, safely, and stable.
3) Anyone can control this light from the 20-26 ft distance precisely. The 3 stage modes give optimum satisfaction according to your demand.
4) Die casting radiator helps to insulate the heat continuously. It helps to conduct the light at the optimum temperature.
5) All the accessories come with this package. So, no need for an extra cost to buy accessories.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Solar Dusk to Dawn Floodlights:
1) Light Intensity:
A low quality solar-powered floodlight will be suited for outdoor use and will deliver light – but it won’t be that bright. For outdoor lights, especially security lights, you want your floodlight to be bright and strong, enough to give visibility for at least 100 square feet while also lasting throughout the night.
That’s why it is vital to check light brightness which will be measured in lumens on the product. The common lumen rating for solar powered flood lights are 300 to 800 lumens. For outdoor floodlights, especially for dusk to dawn security lights, at least 1000 lumens is recommended so choose wisely.
There are a lot of solar powered floodlights in the market today that can deliver even as much as 1500 lumens at a good price using two solar lights connected to one panel so choose wisely.
2) Coverage Distance:
There’s a lot of talk going on about lumens and brightness earlier in the article, but what does it really mean when it comes to practical use? The lumens will tell you how bright your solar powered lights will be which means that it will also tell you the area that it can illuminate in pitch darkness, a factor that is very important to consider when buying security lights.
For solar powered dusk to dawn security floodlights, the minimum coverage should be at least 100 square meters of bright light. Note that this coverage should be in pitch darkness and without the ambient light of nearby street lamps or alternate house lighting. That’s because the whole idea of getting solar powered security lights is so that you will still have lighting during a power outage or a blackout to deter any thievery or break-ins.
It’s an independently powered light source that you can rely on when all else fails. For this purpose, it should be reliably bright within the acceptable coverage area (100 square meters) for at least ten hours which brings us to our next topic.
3) IP Rating:
Do you see labels like IP65 or IP67 on outdoor lighting products? IP in this case means ‘ingress protection’ and it is the accepted international standard for measuring how waterproof the electrical enclosures of a product are.
When choosing solar powered dusk to dawn security lights, choose products with an IP rating of at least IP65. This means that it will be able to withstand the strongest of rains and gusts of wind.
To achieve an IP65 rating, the product would have to withstand 12.5 liters of high-pressure jets of water from a nozzle delivered within 15 minutes. It guarantees that your solar-powered floodlights will be durable enough to withstand the outdoor elements and last for years, even longer than regular floodlights. This is the general process of determining the best solar dusk to dawn floodlights from the below-par ones.
If the outdoor solar floodlights or security lights do not have an IP rating of at least IP65, don’t buy it. They will most likely wear down due to outdoor exposure and won’t be a good investment.
4) Solar Panel Efficiency:
Solar panel efficiency is dependent on how much sunlight can be converted into electrical energy and saved in the battery. For example, a solar panel with 15% efficiency will take longer to save sunlight into energy, especially on cloudy or overcast days while a solar panel with high-efficiency rating can save more energy faster on sunny days and still save enough energy despite taking longer on days with less direct sunlight.
For solar dusk to dawn floodlights I would recommend at least 20% for solar panel efficiency to ensure that you can get 10 hours of uninterrupted bright lighting even on minimal charging. The last thing you want is for your security lights to fail you halfway through the night.
As with all products and especially for security lighting, always check and double check the warranty. Products that only offer seven days return or exchange is questionable at best. Well established products should also have well established warranty services and support.
These dusk to dawn light reviews were meant to make the whole buying process of the modern dusk to dawn outdoor lighting easy.
So there you have it, the quick guide to the most important points of buying solar powered dusk to dawn floodlights. There are slight differences in most good quality solar security lights but the advantages far outweigh any issues you might experience when initially buying and installing these outdoor solar dusk to dawn lights. Solar powered lights are more energy efficient, cost efficient, sustainable, and they are also great long term investments. If you are already checking on how to find good quality solar powered floodlights and are thinking of investing in them, then you are already on the right track. I would highly recommend investing in solar-powered security lights because of the long term return of investment and the added protection from power outages. The trick is to know what to look for when you’re shopping for high quality and high power solar lights.